Designers and Makers Market 2018- CALL TO ARTISTS
Call to Kent designers and makers.
***SUBMISSIONS NOW CLOSED***
Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th December 2018
In collaboration with
Artists, makers and designers are invited to submit their work for the Designers and Makers Market held at Turner Contemporary in Margate on Saturday 8th and Sunday9th December 2018.
The event is organised by Kent Creative in collaboration with Turner Contemporary.
How to submit your work
- Submissions must be made online from HERE.
You will be asked to provide a brief description of the items you intend to sell, their price range and your website address. You will also be able to upload up to 6 images of your work. We recommend you prepare your answers and images in advance to avoid losing your information in case of a disconnection.
- Kent Creative and Turner Contemporary will select works from submissions following criteria based on quality and public appeal. Their decision will be final.
How it works | Terms and Conditions
- The Designers and Makers Market is a selling show where all works are made available for sale from 20 designers based in Kent.
- A fee of £75 will be charged if works are selected for the 2 day market.
- A 12% commission on sales will be charged afterwards.
- A table (180cm x 80cm) with white cloth will be provided to each exhibitor.
- A paying card machine will be available so Kent Creative will take cards payment on behalf of exhibitors who don’t have one. We will transfer the paid amount to your bank account minus a 2.75% fee.
- Turner Contemporary’s shop and café will offer stall holders a 10% discount.
- Exhibitors – selected after the market by Kent Creative and Turner Contemporary – will have the opportunity to showcase their work in the Gallery shop for 2 months (subject to Turner Contemporary T&C).
- 12th July (5pm): submissions deadline
- 20th July: the names of the 20 selected artists will be announced.
- August: an invoice will be sent out for the payment of the participation fee.
- 3rd September: the full £75 payment must be received.
- Friday 7th December: set-up day
- Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th December: the market is open to the public.
- Monday 10th December: an invoice will be sent out for the payment of the 12% commission, based on sales.
A few things to keep in mind
- Stall holders are required to man their stalls during the market and deal will all enquiries from the public. It is the stall holders responsibility to ensure the safety of their products throughout the day. Kent Creative and Turner Contemporary are unable to take any sales on their behalf or be responsible for their stock.
- Stall holders are advised to ensure they have adequate change for the market. Wi-Fi will be available for card payment devices. HOWEVER the signal can be poor and we are looking at alternatives…
- All stall holders need to have Public Liability Insurance of which we would need to have a copy if your work is selected.
Last year event
- 3,700 visitors over the week-end
- See pictures HERE.