For artists and creatives to meet, talk, share, work together, learn from eachother etc...
A FREE meet-up designed for artists, creatives and practitioners to meet, chat, collaborate, learn and support. A simple get together with like-minded creative people, to include:
- Group discussions
- Opportunities to discuss projects/prototypes/ideas with the group and get useful feedback.
The programme of the day:
- 10:15 – 30-60 second (max!) round table intros (if you wish but no pressure).
- 10:30 – Invitation to write down any questions or requests for help/advice from the group. So if you are looking for a bit of advice or feedback on an idea, it’s an opportunity to get feedback & gauge response.
- 10:45 – Guest speaker: Joan Mac Karell
Originally a printed and woven textile designer Joan ultimately turned her interest to creating exquisite enamel jewellery.
Her achievements along the way are many and her recognition is worldwide. In 1985 she Founded and became Executive Committee member of the British Society of Enamellers.
In 1996 along with a group of her BSoE colleagues Joan opened a gallery in the newly restored Oxo Tower in London’s South Bank.
She has both lectured and exhibited internationally, and since 2003 has regularly published books on enamelling. Her latest being “500 Enamel Objects” – Lark books in 2010.
Joan will be with us, talking about how to set up a cooperative gallery, sharing with us her experience and advice on both running a gallery and how to approach a gallery as an artist.
- 11:30 – Question Time – read out and invite answers/suggestions to questions.
- 11:45 – General networking.
- 12:15 – Close.
If you are an artist/photographer/sculptor/print-maker whatever your medium, would like to know more and how to submit, this is a must of a meeting.
FREE. Just turn up and introduce yourself.
We only ask that you buy a tea or coffee to support our generous venue who allows us to meet FOC.
If anyone would like to use our meetings as an opportunity to educate, explain and describe their skills, business or services please contact Bev Saunders or Clare Hamilton to book a meeting date.