Kent Creative Awards – Making a submission
***SUBMISSIONS TO THE 2018 AWARDS ARE OPEN ***
Why enter the Kent Creative Awards
Read our blog: How awards can help you succeed in your creative work
How to make a submission
Awards are great to promote your work, to get recognition, to boost your confidence, and to get work.
The focus in these Awards is not necessarily on the business side of your practice or organisation (It is for the Creative Business category though…). It is not about how much money you earn from it. It is about the artistic quality of your work; how you inspire others; your impact on the community; how much work you produce; how often you show it; what feedback you receive from your audience; your plans for the future; etc…. : it is about your journey.
Enter the Kent Creative Awards and tell us what you have done in your practice/organisation during the year 2017…
- Read the Submission Guidelines
- Read our blog Knowing these 14 tips will make your entry to Awards look great for tips for submission
- The submission is made in 2 stages:.
– First, complete the contact form to provide your details.
– You will then receive an email with a link to a short online entry form where you can tell us your story. There, you can tell us about you and your work and include information we need from you to understand what you are submitting to the Kent Creative Awards. You can choose to make a written submission OR an audiovisual submission :
- The written submission will ask you about:
- your work (simply describe what you do in a couple of sentences.)
- your entry (briefly tell us about the work you have done during the past 12-18 months (approx) and that you are entering in these awards. Describe your overall activity, whether it involved one or several projects / pieces of work. (1500 characters max)
- the business aspect of your work and your achievements (For the creative business category only) (1500 characters max))
- additional information (write anything else you’d like about your motivations, inspirations, how you are planning the future, why you are entering these Awards, etc… or something else you would like to tell the judges. (1500 characters max))
- OR if you prefer not to make a written application, you can make an audiovisual submission, by recording a video or audio file and talk to us about what you do.
- You will need to attach at least one photo of your work and a portrait of yourself (or your team)
- If you wish to, you will have the opportunity to attach additional documents: 5 images + your logo + links to videos of your work + additional documents to support your submission.
- The deadline for entering is Friday 15th June 2018 (midday).
Enjoy the process. Good luck!