Designers and Makers Market 2019- CALL TO ARTISTS
Call to Kent designers and makers.
This event is organised by Kent Creative in collaboration with
Artists, makers and designers are invited to submit their work for the Designers and Makers Market held at Turner Contemporary in Margate on Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th December 2019.
How to submit your work
- Submissions must be made online from HERE.
You will be asked to provide a brief description of the items you intend to sell, their price range and your website address. You will also be able to upload up to 6 images of your work. We recommend you prepare your answers and images in advance to avoid losing your information in case of a disconnection.
- Kent Creative and Turner Contemporary will select works from submissions following criteria based on quality and public appeal. Their decision will be final.
How it works | Terms and Conditions
- The Designers and Makers Market is a selling show where all works are made available for sale from 20 designers based in Kent.
- A fee of £75 will be charged if works are selected for the 2 day market.
- A 15% commission on sales will be charged afterwards.
- A table (180cm x 80cm) with white cloth will be provided to each exhibitor.
- A paying card machine will be available so Kent Creative will take cards payment on behalf of exhibitors who don’t have one. We will transfer the paid amount to your bank account minus a 2.75% fee.
- Turner Contemporary’s shop and café will offer stall holders a 10% discount.
- All exhibitors will have their contact details passed onto the Head of Retail at Turner Contemporary to review as potential new suppliers.
- All exhibitors will be offered a year long subscription to the online market place Art Market Direct.
- 19th July (5pm): submissions deadline
- 23rd July: the names of the 20 selected artists will be announced.
- 24th July: an invoice will be sent out for the payment of the participation fee.
- 5th August: the full £75 payment must be received.
- Friday 13th December: set-up day
- Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th December: the market is open to the public.
- Monday 16th December: an invoice will be sent out for the payment of the 15% commission, based on sales.
A few things to keep in mind
- Stall holders are required to man their stalls during the market and deal will all enquiries from the public. It is the stall holders responsibility to ensure the safety of their products throughout the day. Kent Creative and Turner Contemporary are unable to take any sales on their behalf or be responsible for their stock.
- Stall holders are advised to ensure they have adequate change for the market.
- Wi-Fi will be available for card payment devices. HOWEVER the signal can be poor so be patient…
- All stall holders need to have Public Liability Insurance of which we would need to have a copy if your work is selected.
- See pictures of the previous markets: 2017 and 2018, each event attracting approximately 3,500 visitors.